Ph.D. student at the Technical University of Munich
Areas of research interests: Automatic QoS-based Cloud Applications Management, Cloud Computing, Discrete mathematics Instruction Set Computer (DISC), Acceleration of Graphs Processing, Heterogeneous Computing, Auto-parallelizing Compilers
Graduate of the Bauman Moscow State Technical University (Russia), Dipl.-Ing. (diploma with honors)
DAAD Scholar, Russian Presidential & Government Scholar, Certified Data scientist
- E-mail: v.podolskiy(at)tum.de
- Room: 01.04.057 (TUM MI Campus Garching)
- [ Research @ TUM : 2016 - current ] Dynamic cloud application tuning to meet QoS requirements (Ph.D. Research)
- [ Research @ BMW, TUM : 2017 - current ] Semi-automatic Decomposition of Cloud Applications with mixed Criticality Requirements for Real-time Scaling in Hybrid Clouds
- [ Research @ BMSTU : 2014 - current ] Native Compiler & Library for Discrete mathematical Instructions Set Computer (DISC)
- [ Work @ IBS Group : 2013 - 2016 ] Graduates Employment Monitoring System (GEMS) for analysis of employment of graduates of universities (Ministry of Education and Science of Russian Federation) // Role: system architect, developer, substitute project manager
- [ Work @ IBS Group : 2016 ] Graduates Employment Monitoring System (GEMS) for analysis of employment of graduates of vocational education institutions (Ministry of Education and Science of Russian Federation) // Role: system architect, project manager
- [ Work @ IBS Group : 2013 - 2014 ] Analytical System for Management of Educational Clusters in Tambov Region // Role: analyst
Supervised Students' Projects
In case you want to explore one of the research areas that I have expertise in, you are invited to send me an e-mail with a project proposal (guided research, bachelor or master project). Be sure to check deadlines on TUM website first.
- Anshul Jindal (Guided Research) - Performance Analysis of Autoscaling Methods for Cloud Applications
- Latifa Mahna (Master Project) - Budgeting Constraints Prediction for Cloud Services
- [ TUM : 2017/2018 WS ] Master Practicum "Internet of Things" (IN2106) with Prof. M. Gerndt
- [ MGIMO : 2017/2018 WS ] Guest Lecture "Beyound the Cloud: What is Cloud Computing and how does it help to make a digital business?" with Assoc. Prof. S. Kamolov
- [ TUM : 2016/2017 WS ] Master Practicum "Cloud Computing" (IN2106) with Prof. S. Benedict
- [ BMSTU : 2015/2016 WS ] Substitute Lecture "How to catch a pearl in a data ocean?" with Assoc. Prof. A. Popov
- [ MGIMO : 2015/2016 WS ] Guest Lecture "How to catch a pearl in a data ocean?" with Assoc. Prof. S. Kamolov
- [ BMSTU : 2014 SS ] Practicum for Tutors "E-learning System Moodle" with Assoc. Prof. A. Popov
- [ Research & Teaching @ TUM : 2016 - present ] Research Assistant
- [ IT & Telecommunications & Consulting @ IBS Group : 2015 - 2016 ] Information Systems Architect
- [ IT & Telecommunications & Consulting @ IBS Group : 2014 - 2015 ] Analyst
- [ IT & Telecommunications & Consulting @ IBS Group : 2014] Jr. Analyst
- [ IT & Telecommunications & Consulting @ IBS Group : 2013 - 2014] Intern
- [ Journalism in Tech & Science @ BMSTU // Newspaper "Baumanec" : 2011 - 2013] Technology and Science Reporter (part-time job)
- [ 2017, conference proceedings ] Vladimir Podolskiy, Hans Michael Gerndt, and Shajulin Benedict. 2017. QoS-based Cloud Application Management: Approach and Architecture. In Proceedings of the 4th Workshop on CrossCloud Infrastructures & Platforms (Crosscloud'17). ACM, New York, NY, USA, Article 7, 2 pages. DOI: doi.org/10.1145/3069383.3069390.
- [ 2016, peer-reviewed Journal ] Podolskiy V.E., Popov A. Yu. “Graph Decomposition for Parallel Data Processing on MISD Computer” // Herald of the Bauman Moscow State Technical University: Instrument Engineering, 2016, Issue 01 (106), pp. 112-128 (in Russian).
- [ 2015, peer-reviewed Journal ] V.E. Podol'skii, A.V. Samochadin, S.S. Koloskov. Hardware Acceleration of SQL-Queries Processing in MDM-Systems Based on MISD Solution // Science and Education of the Bauman MSTU, 2015, no. 12, pp. 165–196. (in Russian).
- [ 2015, peer-reviewed Journal ] Podol'skii V.E. “On the Organization of Parallel Operation of Some Algorithms for Finding the Shortest Path on a Graph on a Computer System with Multiple Instruction Stream and Single Data Stream” // Science and Education of the Bauman MSTU, 2015, Issue 04, pp. 189–214. (in Russian).
- [ 2015, peer-reviewed Journal, SCOPUS ] N.V. Patrikeeva, V.N. Babeshko, E.A. Kamenev, V.E. Podolskiy A Novel Graph Decomposition Approach to the Automatic Processing of Poorly Formalized Data: Innovative Ideas – A Management Case Study // European Research Studies Journal, Volume XVIII, Issue (4) 2015, pp. 7-36.
- [ 2013, glossary ] E-government: Russian-English glossary of terms and concepts / Sergey Kamolov, Xenia Dorenko, Ivan Korzhov, Sergey Kraevskiy, Vladimir Podolskiy; ed. Sergey Kamolov. Moscow State Institute of International Relations; International Institute of Mangement, dept. of public administration and law. – M.: MSIIR-University, 2013. – 55 pp. – ISBN 978-5-9228-0948-1.
- [ 2012 ] Vladimir E. Podolskiy, Robert E. Hiromoto. "A Parallel Algorithm for Pattern Clustering and Classification," // Neural Networks and Artificial Intelligence (NNAI’2012): proceedings of the 7th International Conference (10 – 12 October, Minsk, Republic of Belarus). – Minsk: BSUIR, 2012, pp. 17-21.
- [ 2012, Int. peer-reviewed Journal ] Podolskiy V.E. Dividing outliers into Valuable and Noise Points // International Journal of Computing, 2012, Vol. 11, Issue 1, pp. 25-31. – ISSN: 1727-6209.
- [ 2012, peer-reviewed Journal ] Podolskiy V.E., Gretschichev K.M., Pugachev E.K. Erroneous pattern recognition by artificial neural networks and methods of chaos theory as a basis for a new approach to computer art // Bauman Moscow State Technical University, 2012. Special issue (4), pp. 125-134. (in Russian).
- [ Civic Projects @ Civic Chamber of Moscow Region : 2014 – 2015 ] Consultant
- [ Smart City Planning & Public Involvement Projects @ Civic Chamber of Krasnogorskiy Municipality of Moscow Region : 2014 – 2016 ] Member of Civic Chamber
- [ Ecological Activism & Smart City Planning @ Social Movement "Let's save Krasnogorsk!" : 2013 – 2016 ] Activist, Member of Board