Ph.D. student at the Technical University of Munich
Areas of research interests: Automatic QoS-based Cloud Applications Management, Cloud Computing, Discrete mathematics Instruction Set Computer (DISC), Acceleration of Graphs Processing, Heterogeneous Computing, Auto-parallelizing Compilers
Graduate of the Bauman Moscow State Technical University (Russia), Dipl.-Ing. (diploma with honors)
DAAD Scholar, Russian Presidential & Government Scholar, Certified Data scientist
- E-mail: v.podolskiy(at)tum.de
- Room: 01.04.057 (TUM MI Campus Garching)
- [ Research @ TUM : 2016 - current ] Dynamic cloud application tuning to meet QoS requirements (Ph.D. Research)
- [ Research @ BMW, TUM : 2017 ] Semi-automatic Decomposition of Cloud Applications with mixed Criticality Requirements for Real-time Scaling in Hybrid Clouds
- [ Research @ BMSTU : 2014 - current ] Native Compiler & Library for Discrete mathematical Instructions Set Computer (DISC)
- [ Work @ IBS Group : 2013 - 2016 ] Graduates Employment Monitoring System (GEMS) for analysis of employment of graduates of universities (Ministry of Education and Science of Russian Federation) // Role: system architect, developer, substitute project manager
- [ Work @ IBS Group : 2016 ] Graduates Employment Monitoring System (GEMS) for analysis of employment of graduates of vocational education institutions (Ministry of Education and Science of Russian Federation) // Role: system architect, project manager
- [ Work @ IBS Group : 2013 - 2014 ] Analytical System for Management of Educational Clusters in Tambov Region // Role: analyst
Supervised Students' Projects
In case you want to explore one of the research areas that I have expertise in, you are invited to send me an e-mail with a project proposal (guided research, bachelor or master project). You have more chances to receive a topic for master thesis or guided research, if you have successfully participated in one of my practicums.
Interdisciplinary projects (IDP) are also possible if you have strong background in mathematics, especially in mathematical models for time series analysis (e.g. ARIMA, ARFIMA, GARCH, Holt-Winters smoothing).
- Anshul Jindal (Guided Research, finished) - Performance Analysis of Autoscaling Methods for Cloud Applications
- Latifa Mahna (Master Project) - Budgeting Constraints Prediction for Cloud Services
- [ TUM : 2017/2018 WS ] Master Practicum "Internet of Things" (IN2106) with Prof. M. Gerndt
- [ MGIMO : 2017/2018 WS ] Guest Lecture "Beyound the Cloud: What is Cloud Computing and how does it help to make a digital business?" with Assoc. Prof. S. Kamolov
- [ TUM : 2016/2017 WS ] Master Practicum "Cloud Computing" (IN2106) with Prof. S. Benedict
- [ BMSTU : 2015/2016 WS ] Substitute Lecture "How to catch a pearl in a data ocean?" with Assoc. Prof. A. Popov
- [ MGIMO : 2015/2016 WS ] Guest Lecture "How to catch a pearl in a data ocean?" with Assoc. Prof. S. Kamolov
- [ BMSTU : 2014 SS ] Practicum for Tutors "E-learning System Moodle" with Assoc. Prof. A. Popov
- [ Research & Teaching @ TUM : 2016 - present ] Research Assistant
- [ IT & Telecommunications & Consulting @ IBS Group : 2015 - 2016 ] Information Systems Architect
- [ IT & Telecommunications & Consulting @ IBS Group : 2014 - 2015 ] Analyst
- [ IT & Telecommunications & Consulting @ IBS Group : 2014] Jr. Analyst
- [ IT & Telecommunications & Consulting @ IBS Group : 2013 - 2014] Intern
- [ Journalism in Tech & Science @ BMSTU // Newspaper "Baumanec" : 2011 - 2013] Technology and Science Reporter (part-time job)
- [ 2017, conference proceedings ] Anshul Jindal, Vladimir Podolskiy and Michael Gerndt. 2017. Multilayered Cloud Applications Autoscaling Performance Estimation. In Proceedings of the 2017 IEEE 7th International Symposium on Cloud and Service Computing. IEEE. pp. 24-31. DOI 10.1109/SC2.2017.12. || OUTSTANDING PAPER AWARD ||
- [ 2017, conference proceedings ] Vladimir Podolskiy, Hans Michael Gerndt, and Shajulin Benedict. 2017. QoS-based Cloud Application Management: Approach and Architecture. In Proceedings of the 4th Workshop on CrossCloud Infrastructures & Platforms (Crosscloud'17). ACM, New York, NY, USA, Article 7, 2 pages. DOI: doi.org/10.1145/3069383.3069390.
- [ 2016, peer-reviewed Journal ] Podolskiy V.E., Popov A. Yu. “Graph Decomposition for Parallel Data Processing on MISD Computer” // Herald of the Bauman Moscow State Technical University: Instrument Engineering, 2016, Issue 01 (106), pp. 112-128 (in Russian).
- [ 2015, peer-reviewed Journal ] V.E. Podol'skii, A.V. Samochadin, S.S. Koloskov. Hardware Acceleration of SQL-Queries Processing in MDM-Systems Based on MISD Solution // Science and Education of the Bauman MSTU, 2015, no. 12, pp. 165–196. (in Russian).
- [ 2015, peer-reviewed Journal ] Podol'skii V.E. “On the Organization of Parallel Operation of Some Algorithms for Finding the Shortest Path on a Graph on a Computer System with Multiple Instruction Stream and Single Data Stream” // Science and Education of the Bauman MSTU, 2015, Issue 04, pp. 189–214. (in Russian).
- [ 2015, peer-reviewed Journal, SCOPUS ] N.V. Patrikeeva, V.N. Babeshko, E.A. Kamenev, V.E. Podolskiy A Novel Graph Decomposition Approach to the Automatic Processing of Poorly Formalized Data: Innovative Ideas – A Management Case Study // European Research Studies Journal, Volume XVIII, Issue (4) 2015, pp. 7-36.
- [ 2013, glossary ] E-government: Russian-English glossary of terms and concepts / Sergey Kamolov, Xenia Dorenko, Ivan Korzhov, Sergey Kraevskiy, Vladimir Podolskiy; ed. Sergey Kamolov. Moscow State Institute of International Relations; International Institute of Mangement, dept. of public administration and law. – M.: MSIIR-University, 2013. – 55 pp. – ISBN 978-5-9228-0948-1.
- [ 2012 ] Vladimir E. Podolskiy, Robert E. Hiromoto. "A Parallel Algorithm for Pattern Clustering and Classification," // Neural Networks and Artificial Intelligence (NNAI’2012): proceedings of the 7th International Conference (10 – 12 October, Minsk, Republic of Belarus). – Minsk: BSUIR, 2012, pp. 17-21.
- [ 2012, Int. peer-reviewed Journal ] Podolskiy V.E. Dividing outliers into Valuable and Noise Points // International Journal of Computing, 2012, Vol. 11, Issue 1, pp. 25-31. – ISSN: 1727-6209.
- [ 2012, peer-reviewed Journal ] Podolskiy V.E., Gretschichev K.M., Pugachev E.K. Erroneous pattern recognition by artificial neural networks and methods of chaos theory as a basis for a new approach to computer art // Bauman Moscow State Technical University, 2012. Special issue (4), pp. 125-134. (in Russian).
- [ Civic Projects @ Civic Chamber of Moscow Region : 2014 – 2015 ] Consultant
- [ Smart City Planning & Public Involvement Projects @ Civic Chamber of Krasnogorskiy Municipality of Moscow Region : 2014 – 2016 ] Member of Civic Chamber
- [ Ecological Activism & Smart City Planning @ Social Movement "Let's save Krasnogorsk!" : 2013 – 2016 ] Activist, Member of Board